Wilsonart UK are delighted to announce that this year we will be supporting the Alzheimer's Society as our chosen charity.
The choice of charity was chosen was chosen by two of our longest serving members of staff, John Goldsbrough and Kevin Allen, who both work in the finished goods warehouse. The decision to choose the Alzheimer's Society is fully supported by the business.
Throughout the year the company will be undertaking a host of fundraising activities – including the annual charity bike ride along with dress down Friday’s. We will also be supporting “Flashback February” – a campaign the Alzheimer’s Society are running throughout the month.
To support the Alzheimer’s Society “Flashback February” campaign and to celebrate Wilsonart’s 21st Birthday, we will be posting images and profiles of staff and looking back as to what they were up to 21 years ago – stay tuned our social channels for more information!
Further to this, the first fundraising activity will be FLASHBACK FRIDAY DRESS DOWN DAY. All staff will be invited to come to work on Friday 22nd February in clothes from the 80s or 90s.
To donate to our charity events, then simply keep an eye out across our social channels on a regular basis!
About Alzheimer’s Society
* Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, fund research, campaign to improve care and create lasting change for people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
* Dementia devastates lives. Alzheimer’s Society research shows that 850,000 people in the UK have a form of dementia. By 2021, 1 million people will be living with the condition. This will soar to two million by 2051.
* Dementia deaths are rising year on year and 225,000 will develop dementia this year - that’s one every three minutes.
* Alzheimer’s Society funds research into the cause, care, cure and prevention of all types of dementia and has committed to spend at least £150 million on research over the next decade. This includes a £50 million investment in the UK's first dedicated Dementia Research Institute.
* Alzheimer’s Society relies on voluntary donations to continue our vital work. You can donate nowby calling 0330 333 0804 or visiting alzheimers.org.uk
* Alzheimer’s Society provides a National Dementia Helpline, the number is 0300 222 11 22 or visit alzheimers.org.u